The Journal of Law, Finance, and Accounting (JLFA) issues a call for papers for its 10th Annual Conference in Milan, Italy on Oct. 16-17, 2020. The deadline for submissions is June 1, 2020.
Topics of interest listed below; please see flyer for more details.
We are interested in research that will be of interest to scholars in more than one of our core
disciplines. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
1. The impact of the structure of the legal system – including legal origins, procedural rules, and the legal
environment in general, on the evolution of financial contracts, financial markets, business enterprises
and business groups.
2. The impact of particular legal and market institutions, including accounting, on financial markets and
corporate actions, and innovation, economic growth and stability.
3. The co-evolution of the legal rules and market institutions that govern financial sector activity, that
activity itself, and the nature of the broader economy and financial markets.
4. The regulation, organization, and performance of financial institutions.
5. The relationships between the structure and performance of financial institutions, and the
performance of these institutions and the overall performance of financial markets and economies.
6. The interplay between legal rules, accounting regulations, corporate governance, firm performance,
cost of equity and debt capital, financial market performance, and economic performance.
7. The political economy of the regulation of corporate governance, financial institutions, and financial
8. Accounting, finance, and legal issues concerning ownership and property