The Northwestern Center on Law, Business, and Economics is issuing a call for original research papers to be presented at the Thirteenth Annual Conference on Innovation Economics. The conference will be held at the Northwestern Pritzker School of Law in Chicago, IL. The conference will run from approximately 9:00 A.M. on Thursday, June 11, 2020 to 3:00 P.M. on Friday, June 12, 2020.
The conference is organized by Daniel F. Spulber. The conference will be a combination of panel discussions, invited talks, and some selected submitted works in both law and economics. The focus on the conference will be on public policy developments, including recent antitrust cases.
For registration details, see Northwestern University’s website here.
Topics of interest include:
- Intellectual Property (IP) and Antitrust Policy
- Antitrust cases involving IP licensing
- Technology Standards
- Standard Setting Organizations
- Standard Essential Patents
- Patent Licensing and technology transfers
- Incentives for invention and innovation
- Papers for the conference should be submitted to the following email address: email@example.com by Monday, February 10, 2020.
PAPER SUBMISSION PROCEDURE
- Complete papers for the conference should be submitted to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Abstracts, incomplete papers, or proposals will not be accepted. The papers should not be either published or forthcoming.
- The submitting author should be the one who intends to present the paper here in Chicago.
- Authors of each accepted paper will receive an allotted speaker fee of $1,500 per paper, regardless of the number of authors. If more than one author attends the conference, the honorarium or travel reimbursement can be divided equally between the attending authors.
- Due to potential funding sources for this event, the Northwestern CLBE reserves the right to structure the payment as either a speaker fee or a travel expense reimbursement up to the agreed upon amount.
- The Northwestern CLBE will also reserve and pay for hotel accommodations for attending authors and discussants for the nights of Wednesday, June 10, 2020 and Thursday, June 11, 2020. Authors are expected to attend and participate in the full duration of the conference.