American University Washington College of Law’s Program on Information Justice and Intellectual Property (PIJIP), along with Wikimedia DC and Creative Commons USA, are co-hosting on Thursday, January 17, 2019: An Expansion of the Commons: Copyright, Creative Commons and the Public Domain. This event will discuss the role of the public domain, new materials entering the public domain this year, the impact on projects including Wikipedia, and the interaction with Creative Commons licensed projects.
- Professor Peter Jaszi– American University Washington College of Law
- Professor Michael Carroll – American University Washington College of Law
- Sherwin Siy – Wikimedia Foundation
- Robert Fernandez – Wikimedia District of Columbia
- Meredith Jacob – American University Washington College of Law
The program will be held from 6:00pm-7:30pm in the American University College of Law – Ceremonial Classroom NT01.For registration information, please contact 202-274-4075 or firstname.lastname@example.org . Live webcast: available on the Creative Commons USA webpage at the start of the event.